Notify Message
Forums
SubforumsThreadsPostsLast Post
Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself! We are eager to find out who you are and why you participate in the course.
1023Small
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
[Pinned] Online Resources
Course Discussion and Assignment Help (public)

[Pinned] Online Resources

Course Webiste on CourseraCourse ScheduleSupplementary Material on the course websiteCourse LogisticsCouse Wiki
Small Celge Evensong 2y
Celge Evensong095Small Celge Evensong 2y

Class of 2017, February 13 - April 2

Hi all,Coursera is running the "Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative" course between February 13 - April 2 2017.I've signed up for the basic course, I'll probably go with Naddaor again, so I can partake in both kin chat and the cours...
Small Ranatuor 192d
Ranatuor4149Small Ranatuor 190d

Just tell me when.

Hello everyoneI have been popping into the game from time to time to see if there are any new people. During the summer course I was on more often but there were very few newcomers.So if you have a problem getting in touch with the kinship then pl...
Small Amaredel 1y
Amaredel5202Small Celge Evensong 334d

Thadur run - Week 5 Assignment

The gameplay assignment for this week is Great Barrow - Thadur.I am looking for players to do this with me during the week. Thursday evening is not doable for me, Wednesday and Friday evenings and Saturday are good for me (European evenings!).As I...
Small Haquetia Haystack 2y
Haquetia Haystack9209Member avatar small Tinnulasiel 2y

Peer Assessment 1

I'm really looking forward to writing my first peer assessed assignment and wondered if it was ok to ask people here (having much more experience than me!) what their thoughts were on the social dimension to LOTRO. In your opinion, is it something...
Member avatar small Lorabess 2y
Lorabess9337Small Haquetia Haystack 2y

Chat

Hi - I have completed the intro but I can't use the chat channel as it says I have not been playing my character long enough. When will I be able to use it as I'd like to follow the Distinction Track? Thank you!
Member avatar small Lorabess 2y
Lorabess284Small Celge Evensong 2y

Course evaluation finished (finally, took so long...)

Just got my results, seems there's some truth in the common notion of literature folks having problem with math... got 102%. Strange :)Anyways, there's a coupon code for the weekend, which gives 30% discount on everything you place in the cart. If...
Small Seratil 2y
Seratil11457Small Seratil 2y

Week 6: Game Design

Share your ideas with us!Here is mine: "Steamquest" is a steampunk themed MMO based on "Ithaca" and "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came". However, there is not so much of a remediation of distinctive elements or scenes from the poems but I imple...
Small Celge Evensong 2y
Celge Evensong6241Member avatar small rodney418 2y

About the poll: Will you continue playing LotRO after the course ends?

I voted for Yes, and staying in the kin too, obviously, but I'd like to detail it a bit, because that poll option sounds way more optimistic than the reality - at least in my case 8) So let's split that question into parts:- Will I play LotRO? D...
Small Seratil 3y
Seratil2103Small Celge Evensong 2y

Playing tag

Taken from our Landroval-fellow-Coursera-kinship-forum: a playing tag guideWell, today we move into the 6th and last week of the Coursera Online Games course. The peer-assessed assignment for this week (which does not require any in-game activity)...
Small Azakah 3y
Azakah18644Small Celge Evensong 2y

Thadúr

Well, it's week 5 already (in three days from now we'll pass the 1 month marker... time indeed flies, the fool :) ).This week the in-game assignment is Thadúr. It's part of the Great Barrow instance cluster (usually called GB in the game), meaning...
Small Seratil 3y
Seratil8536Small Olivia Gardener 3y

This week: Weathertop

This week we have the Weathertop assignment. Either a video tour, or an essay is required (but for that you need a screenshot too), meaning we need to climb Weathertop regardless of the selected option.Luckily we have a lot of players with the rig...
Small Seratil 3y
Seratil22962Small Tadegar 3y

Weathertop Video - advice.

Hi thereFor the next week an option is to post a video of the trip to Weathertop. I've tried to video my screen but without much success. I don't think my PC is powerful enough to run the OBC program and the game at the same time if much is happen...
Small Amaredel 3y
Amaredel2111Small trotskij 3y

Greetings

Welcome to the forums!If you're new here, add a post introducing yourself to the community :)
Small Tadegar 3y
Tadegar13510Member avatar small Thanael 3y

Week 1 course notes

Here are my notes for week one of the course. http://louisecharente.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/game-on/It normally takes me three days to finish my notes but yesterday was a holiday in France so I finished early.
Small Amaredel 3y
Amaredel3124Small Seratil 3y
Page 1